Applications Support Administrator
We need the services of a skilled applications support administrator for full time employment
The ideal candidate should have extensive skills and knowledge in supporting applications, databases and systems operating in Linux and Windows environments.
- Fluently query, update and manage relational database
- Management systems using SQL (structured query language)
- Able to perform the common system administration procedures and processes in Linux and Windows servers
- Perform checklists on systems, applications and databases health with regular reports to team leader
- Backup and restore applications, databases and systems as needed or on schedule
- Able to automate common administrative procedures using shell scripting, PowerShell or equivalent
- Development or System Administration certification.
- A Diploma or Professional Qualification, preferably a DBA,
- A minimum of Two Years’ experience in a similar role is required.
- Systems administration skills (MCSA, MCDBA, OCA or similar)
- Good team player who is a fast learner and can work with minimum or no supervision